For the eventual new visitor to Sommarhack, here is some basic information what you can and can't expect at the party place.
Food and drinks
- Coffe and tea is free of charge, the tapwater is of good quality and fine to drink, bring other beverages yourself
- The party place is equipped with a complete kitchen if you wish to cook food, we only ask that you clean up when done
- There are refridgerators where you can store your food and drinks
- We usually fire up the barbecue two or three times per day, bring sausages, hamburgers, steaks or whatever you like to barbecue!
- Take-away food, restaurants and supermarkets are available in Hedemora, some five minutes away with car
- Don't forget to bring power extensions, Sweden uses standard european 240V plugs
- In case you havn't booked hotel, hostel, bed and breakfast or arranged other type of housing, we recommend bringing a tent as the party house is very tightly packed with stuff and people
- There is a shower in the party house in case you sleep in a tent
- The party offers Wi-Fi and ethernet internet connections. We're limited to about 20 Mbit/s so be aware that it's no good for Youtube streaming. General browsing and IRC usually work okish though